Monday 3 January 2011

Small Stones

If you click on the widget on the right, you'll be transported through the virtual ether to a river of stones blog
I'm taking part, but I'm not blogging every day, so you'll get my small stones in installments. What follows is the first three.


In the deepest pockets
Of the Earth's skirt
Snow holds on


Subtle movement
Songbird diaspora
Empty peace


Thistle seeds wait
A month.
Two.
Three.
And then
The goldfinches come.




Mostly I have accepted this challenge to inspire me and because it's fun. But there's a possibility of one/some of them being published in an anthology at the end, so I would much appreciate your help choosing which to send of for consideration (I can send up to five).


And, as always, I love to hear your responses to my work.


And it's not to late to join in! This is such a marvellous planet and we humans are so amazing. Let's pay close attention (send your brain to another dimension, etc.) as a prayer of appreciation.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, natural images.
    lovely stones for the river.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am blessed to have all this outside my window.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...